I have these leggings. They’ve been worn so many times, to the point of tearing, and I really really do not want to replace them. I really would love to wear them clear into shorts… But I’ve got to let them go. I’ve got to eventually get a new pair of leggings.
You may see where I’m going with this.
Here is the scripture that the Lord brought me to this morning.
21 ”No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. If they do, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse. 22 And people do not pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.”
Everyday there is a choice to make. Do I sew a patch on my torn clothing, or fill my old wineskins with new wine, or no I grab a new garment, and fill a new wineskin with new wine?
If you feel like this is a tongue twister, you’re kind of right… but listen closely..
I can’t keep wearing my torn leggings, repatching them, washing them, letting them tear once again, and allowing that cycle to continue. Not only do the leggings get worn out, but I get worn out too.
New clothes make not only your body feel kind of new, but I think it rinses the wears and tears of the old clothing off, and helps your spirit out.
Everyday I need to make a choice to ask the Lord for new wine; for a new wineskin bag. New clothing to wear, instead of my torn leggings. New hope, new strength, new grace - a better understanding of His love, a recognition that I am lost without Him. I need my very soul to be filled up to the brim.
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
38. My Bible
40. Blogging as an outlet - I love to write
41. Local coffee shops who take my mess and welcome it
42. My local church who does the same
43. Worship in song
44. Small groups
45. foggy mornings in the Pacific NW
46. Spicy Chai Latte’s
47. Doubling up on things to be thankful for
48. 8 hours of sleep last night
49. A Job with wonderful families to nanny for
50. The crunching sounds of Fall leaves on the cement
51. Writing 121
52. A challenge to grow deeper in the word
52. A group of middle aged women to my left having a knitting group :)
53. Lelands song, Beautiful Lord http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwoS_wIWz18&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CRjkzzx8JW-sjA6UdvGpCU
54. Hopecity’s worship team and leadership
55. My moms morning phone call
56. C’s sweet smiles after a week of being away
57. Steffanie leading by example - she is a great mom, and wife, and friend
58. Women Of Faith conference
59. New books.
60. My Dad and his teaching styles (lol) :)
61. A new day, and fresh beginning to the morning.